Skip Links

home, law & money

Get the facts

Living independently

Many adults with autism live completely independently.
Moving out of home is a big step and there are lots of things to consider such as where will you live and how will you pay for it.

Disabled people are entitled to supported housing and may be eligible for other housing benefits. Contact your local authority social services to find out more. [See ‘What support can I receive if I live independently?’]

The NAS has lots of advice about housing options.

For further information about moving out of home visit Connexions.

And for a guide to the reality of living independently visit